Thursday, January 15, 2009

Walking Down Memory Lane

Unfortunately, the only time we get together with Ryan's extended family is at weddings and funerals. This time, it was the sad time. Ryan got the chance to say good-bye to his Aunt Sue and to be with his cousins during this precious time.


I never had the pleasure of knowing Ryan before age 24. (This was probably a good thing) My ears were radars the entire time. I know I have heard all of the stories a million times, but every now and then, I get a story that I have never heard. I treasure those moments.

Even though we were mourning the loss of a loved one, we spent every single moment with family. I am always an insecure person around people I don't know very well, but Ryan's family has always instantly made me feel loved and welcome and part of the family, even though I talk funny (according to them).


We were also able to spend precious moments with Alicia. We celebrated her sixteenth birthday a little early. We went out to eat with her boyfriend, David. I will be polite and not put his picture up because he was extremely shy. Well, he's gonna have to get over that when he hangs around the Jones's!



I also got to experience something I have never seen before, Candle-pin bowling! It is like bowling, just with a smaller ball and skinny pins. That was fun! I don't know how the guy behind the counter knew that I wasn't from around there.:)

Ryan's brother, and sisters visited also. We made great memories that will last a lifefime.





Thank you, Aunt Sue, for touching so many lives.


1946-2009

No comments: